𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕??
.I can’t tell you how many Marketers, Consultants, Coaches, and Professional Service Providers break their businesses because they don’t charge enough and they grow too fast without being positioned and ready for the growth.
I recently hired a company to do a service for my business, and this company is making loads of money. Still, their customer service and business operations are terrible (actually horrible.)
After this first month, I will not stay with them unless something drastically changes.
I wish I could tell you this was the first I have hired like this, but they are not. In fact, I help businesses that are breaking due to the things I will mention in this article.
Here has been my experience thus far…
- Things are falling through the cracks.
- The owner is working sunup to midnight because his business is too dependant on him.
- What he says they are doing is inconsistent with what I signed up for.
- It took too long (a few weeks to take my money and get me started) once I said yes. I already started looking for someone else (lucky for them, I hadn’t found anyone else yet.)
- The customer service is a disaster.
- They are making so much money they don’t even care about money, so they are not keeping track of the financials (big mistake!)
- They offered a money-back guarantee or I would NEVER have signed up with them (I will be shocked if they don’t have to return my money because they can’t deliver on their promise.)
If any of this sounds like you and your business, you have a BIG PROBLEM you need to take time to fix.
Are losing clients out the back door as quickly as you are bringing them in the front door? If you are, you do not have a sustainable business, and the bad reputation you get from running your business this way will catch up with you.
Things will fall apart!
Until you stop taking on more clients (that you clearly can’t handle anyway) and you fix what needs to be fixed, you are destined to fail.
Here is what you can do:
- Slow down, analyze, and fix what isn’t working.
It is less work, and it’s less costly to keep clients vs. churn and burn. It also builds lasting success and relationships in your business which will continue to grow your business.
- Take the time to dial in great service, great results, a great customer/client experience from start to finish, and great processes and systems that leverage your time so you can run a great business.
- Move into the role of a boss (CEO) vs. a doer of everything and focus on running the best business you can, offering the best service. Don’t become the bottleneck in your business.
You will then have an unstoppable and highly successful business that will be around for a long time and can dominate your market.
If you are in hyper-growth, I hope you see this and take a step back to re-evaluate how you are building and running your business.
Does this make sense?
If you need help to scale without breaking, CLICK HERE to book a strategy call!